When do you need general dermatology services in Brooklyn, NY
That little spot could be a harmless skin blemish, or it could be cancer. Those pimples might clear up in a few days, or they might turn into a major acne breakout that leaves permanent scars. When your health is at stake, you can’t afford to take risks. You need high quality general dermatology services for an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment plan. Patients in Brooklyn, or Cobble Hill, NY trust the expertise of Dr. Tatiana Khrom and her exceptional team at Art of Natural Beauty Center.
Understanding the importance of skincare
Skin is the largest organ of the human body. It has the very difficult and important job of protecting us from toxins, irritants, extreme temperatures, and harsh weather conditions. As the barrier between the body and the outside world, skin is vulnerable to damage from inner health problems and outer environmental factors. Never underestimate the importance of protecting and caring for it!
While your primary care provider has basic training in a wide variety of medical concerns, he or she is not likely to have an extensive background in the complexities of skincare. A Board-certified dermatologist is a physician who has completed several additional years of training and hands-on experience in diagnosing and treating hundreds of conditions specifically affecting skin, hair, and nails.
Do you need dermatology services?
You notice a problem with your skin. Should you pick up a retail product from your local drugstore, or pick up the phone and schedule an appointment with a dermatologist? Every person and every situation is different, but here are some general guidelines.
Give us a call if:
- You have a recurrent or chronic skin condition such as rosacea, psoriasis, or persistent acne. We offer a wide variety of options to help calm active flare-ups, prevent new ones, and keep the condition under control. We can also advise you about customizing your skincare regimen according to your unique needs.
- You are bothered by stretch marks, acne scars, or other types of scarring. In addition to aesthetic concerns, rigid scar tissue can be uncomfortable. Although genuine scars usually can’t be completely removed, we offer treatments to make them smaller, softer, and lighter in color. Often, it is nearly impossible to see or feel a scar after successful revision treatment.
- You have a persistent or severe rash. A lot of things can cause harmless skin reactions. A small, temporary rash probably isn’t cause for concern. If it doesn’t go away within a few days, give us a call. Seek help right away if the rash is spreading quickly, or if it is accompanied by symptoms such as fever, nausea, swelling, or peeling skin.
- You have signs of fingernail or toenail fungus. Even people who take excellent care of their skin sometimes overlook nail health. Fingernails are often obscured by polish while toenails are hidden inside socks and shoes. It is important to watch for symptoms such as brittleness, thickening, or discoloration. Without treatment, fungus can cause nail deformities.
- You are losing your hair. There are many types of hair loss, but most are treatable. However, timing is important. Treatments are most effective when began in the early stages of hair loss, so don’t delay.
- You want to slow the hands of time. We offer total dermatological care, addressing medical and aesthetic issues. From wrinkle treatments to body sculpting, we provide some of the most advanced and effective treatment options. Additionally, early treatments that boost health can improve the quality of skin, sometimes known as prejuvenation, it can slow the visible signs of aging.
- You have an unusual skin lesion. If you find yourself wondering, “could it be cancer?” call us right away. Early detection can save your life. It is always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to skin cancer.
- You haven’t had a cancer screening in the last year. It is not possible to overstate the importance of early cancer detection. Even if you think you’re low risk, you should be evaluated by a professional annually. Screening only takes moments, and it can be lifesaving.
Request an Appointment
Your skin deserves the best
Dr. Khrom is well known locally and nationally as a leader in advanced dermatology. She and her team are dedicated to excellence, and it shows in every aspect of our service. Give your skin the quality of care it deserves. Call us at 718-521-2912 and schedule an appointment.
Back to General Dermatology Page